CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 22, 2011

24 hr Read-a-thon



What is Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon?
It’s sort of a reading challenge, only everyone participates at the same time. For 24 hours, participants read books, post on their blogs about their reading, and visit other readers’ blogs. They also participate in mini-challenges throughout the day.
This year's read-a-thon starts at 8 AM ET on October 22nd , and goes until.....you guessed it.... 8AM ET October 23rd!
It was created by the beloved Dewey (her blog has since been taken down, so the link won’t work). The first one was held in October 2007. Dewey died in late 2008.  The read-a-thon was renamed to honor its founder in 2009.
 I had scheduled a post about the readathon a couple of weeks ago, and am quite surprised to see that it didn't post!   


Here are the questions that are asked in the introductory meme. 
1)Where are you reading from today?  
I am in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada.  I will be reading in various locations today - my living room, my kitchen, my bathtub, in the car (of course, I won't be driving!!)
2)Three random facts about me…
I love ketchup.  I hate mustard.  I hate any fish and seafood.
3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?  
LOL! Well, that depends which pile you are referring to!  In total I have about 40 books here that are options for today! I couldn't choose just a few!
4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?  
I would like to read for at least 12 hrs. ( I have to do groceries, make meals, and care for my kids so I am aiming for at least 12) 
5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first timers? 
 not really. I guess the only thing I can say is good luck, and happy reading!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! Hope you're doing great and enjoying the time reading! :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm hoping to get in at least 8 hours, but 12 would be AWEsome!

    Rah! Rah! Shish! Boom! Bah! Reading books will take you far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 40 books is a GREAT selection to choose from (though maybe too many!). LOL! Hope you're having a really great readathon today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are enjoying the experience!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to rave, rant, or ramble!