CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 3, 2010

Book Beginnings on Friday



Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by  Becky at Page Turners. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

When I went to post the links to Page Turners, and to the current Book Beginnings on Friday post on the host blog, I noticed that she was unable to post today, so there is no linky! I am going to post anyway. Hopefully with some help from google, I will find posts by other participants!



"  Cassie and Ken walked out of the bar together at seven-thirty. "

I guess it isn't a horrible first sentence, but it isn't the greatest! I have never read any of Robyn Carr's books before. I have heard a lot of good things though. I know a bunch of girls that I chat with on goodreads.com really enjoy her books.  I can't remember which friend it was, but one of them suggested that I try her, so I am!  I thought I would start with a stand alone novel, rather than a series, just to see if I like her writing style.  If all goes well, I will start The Virgin River series, which a bunch of "my girls" are raving about!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to rave, rant, or ramble!